Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story

Here are my favourites for the week:

1.  Christmas Eve is always my favourite day of the year.  We had a busy day with my three stepsons and their families over .  It was fun to get together and see the grandkids.  But I really enjoyed the evening when it was just my husband and I alone for a quiet Christmas Eve.  The tree lights were on and many candles lit.  We watched my favourite Christmas movie of all time, "The Homecoming" , which is the movie that inspired the Walton series in the 1970's.  I watch this movie every Christmas Eve.

2.  Christmas Day, is , of course, another fave from this past week.  This was the first Christmas of my life that I didn't spend it with my parents and siblings.  I had decided earlier this fall that I wanted to spend Christmas Day in my own home for once.  It was a lovely day.  I thought of my family, but knew that they were well and happy, and really not that far away.  All my family is within an hour and a half from me.  I will be seeing them all this weekend.  So that makes for an extended Christmas!  It was wonderful to stay at home on Christmas Day.  We had a nice quiet Christmas.

3.  My husband and I both had the day after Christmas off.  We spent a lazy day at home.  I stayed in my pajamas the entire day.  Don't know when I have ever done that!  And we watched another all-time favourite Christmas movie:  "White Christmas."

4.  This next fave has nothing to do with Christmas.  Our hen's egg production has been way down due to the fact that they have been molting.  We were down from 9 eggs a day to one, two, and sometimes no eggs.  Well, this week we have finally seen an increase again.  And our new hens that were born last spring have started laying.  We are up to 5, 6, and 7 eggs a day. 

5.  This week a braided rug that I ordered came in.  It gives my kitchen a nice , cozy, warm feeling.  I am loving it!
                                

7 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Glad you had such a nice Christmas. My family did too. It truly is a wonderful time of the year.

May God bless you with a wonderful year ahead!

Susanne said...

Sounds like you had a very nice peaceful Christmas, Hope. And this weekend with all your family around sounds like it will be very happy and "noisy" and fun!

I don't think I've ever seen the Homecoming. I loved the Waltons so I'm going to look for that at the library. Hopefully they'll have it.

Yay for hens laying eggs. And it's amazing what a simple little thing like a braided rug can do to make us smile.

Have a wonderful Happy New Year!

Karyn said...

Glad you enjoyed your 'quiet' Christmas and I hope your weekend with the extended family is full of fun and joy.

White Christmas is also one of my favorite movies. Although the Waltons is probably my favorite TV show of all time, I've never really taken to the 'Homecoming' - probably because the parents and the grandfather are 'wrong'.

Fresh eggs are the BEST! Glad your production is going up again. I loved having egg layers in my barn....but I'm alone too much to take on the responsibility again. (My kids are all gone and my hubby works away from home)

Hope your 2012 is filled with blessing!

Faith said...

Hope I KNEW you would love staying home on Christmas Day!! And it was so much fun playing Bananagrams with you today...the girls had a blast...and thanks again for the lovely gifts......hope you're feeling better to visit Joy and Jill tomorrow......and guess what?! I wrote about White Christmas too!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I love your lazy day idea! Sounds like something we need to do. Glad you had a good week. Have a happy new year!

Catherine said...

I'm happy to read about your Merry Christmas. I like those movies, too.

I just read Faith's comment, and I love that you are Faith, Hope, and Joy. I can only imagine the happiness there must be when you are all together!

I hope you enjoy cooking your fresh eggs in your cozy kitchen with it's new braided rug. :)

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Can I say that I am guilty of coveting you? It's true!! Cozy little house in the woods; ahhhh.