Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story

Here are my faves from this week:

1.  Sunday was my husband's and my anniversary.  We had a great church service that morning and thought what a great way to spend an anniversary - worshipping God!  We went out for lunch after church, and it was such an enjoyable afternoon.

2.  I worked a few night shifts this week to help out a coworker.  Not too many people are willing to cover for her because of the hours. One morning I came home to crawl into bed after working all night.  My two dogs both hopped up on the bed and slept with me the entire morning.  When I woke up and saw them still on the bed with me, it was such a warm and cozy feeling!   

3.  I spent a good part of Wednesday and today cooking and baking.  Am getting ready for a dinner party here tonight with friends of ours, and then a get-together with my stepsons and their families tomorrow.  I love preparing food for people I care about.

4.  I've been listening to Christmas music quite a bit this week.  It's been so wonderful listening to familiar songs that we don't hear the rest of the year.  Listening to the words has reminded me of the true meaning of the season.  For this I am so greatful. 

5.  My husband and I decorated our Christmas tree a couple nights ago.  That is always fun.  So relaxing to enjoy the lights in the evening.

4 comments:

Karyn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hope your times of celebration with friends and family are as full of love and good times as they will be with your baking and cooking!

Have a blessed Christmas!

Faith said...

Have fun with your dinner party tonite...I love having my friends over. This weekend will be just the 4 of us and I can't wait!! We've done xmas in MA last weekend, and Xmas in the Central NY area next Friday (when we'll see you!) but for this weekend I am sooo ready to have just the 4 of us.....food, games, movies, books, cookies, fudge....all the stuff we love. I still have 2 more batches of cookies to make before New YEar's Eve but at least the girls are willing to help :) We are doing Russian teacakes after not doing them for TEN years! lol....
see you next Friday...enjoy Christmas Day with Donny....you will love staying home!

Hope said...

Enjoy the weekend, Faith. Yes, me and Donny will love staying home. We are doing much the same as you....food, fudge, movies, games,books. I make Russian teacakes EVERY Christmas, but call them Christmas Snowballs this time of year : ) I love them. See you next Friday : )

Barbara H. said...

Happy anniversary! Ours was last Wednesday.

That's so good of you to cover your coworker's hours.

Sounds like your Christmas preparations are coming along! Hope you have a great Christmas!