Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas in the Country

Today is December 1st and the Christmas season is upon us.  What a wonderful time of year.  We try to keep Christmas simple so that we can remember the true meaning of the season.  We thank God for sending His Son Jesus to us.  When I decorate, I tell the Lord that this is for His birthday.  It helps keep the focus on Him.  Every day from now until Christmas I will read a passage of Scripture from the Christmas Story, or sing a Christmas carol, or read a poem having to do with His birth.  Remember the Christmas Ideals books?  I have several, and they are a wonderful source of Christian inspiration. 

 In this post I am going to give simple Christmas tips/ideas for making the season special.  Choose whichever ones you think you'd enjoy.  Post your own ideas to share.  I am going to do this daily right up until Christmas Day.  Enjoy your holiday season!!

I keep all of my Christmas books and movies in a wicker basket by a cozy chair.   Set aside one night a week, or however many nights you have time for, to read or watch a favourite.                                                                  

1 comment:

Faith said...

we do the same thing!! i have all of our xmas books (most are for children of course) in a wicker basket near the armoire which holds our xmas music. The other wicker basket holds our movies so I rotate the ones on top to show the xmas ones during the month of December (which are normally on the bottom!). That's in our family room....this kind of thing went around the blogosphere a few years ago.....glad to see you are doing it now too! one year we all wrote about our xmas traditions or December traditions. I'll be writing about St Nicholas Day on Sunday!