Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas in the Country

     Stockings aren't just for the mantle.  Well, we don't have a fireplace, so I have to create a different spot.  But, I like to hang other stockings around in various places.  I hang them on doors.  You can also put them on bedposts, doorknobs , or on the backs of chairs.  They are a nice splash of Christmas color !  Have fun hanging!


Bathroom door    




And on the bedroom door        


                                                                   
                                                                             

1 comment:

Faith said...

we hung our stockings last nite for St Nicholas Day today (along with the wooden shoes of course by the door). We don't have a fireplace either so we hang them on the staircase banister hanging down into living room. I also have a little stocking in dining room and one on the basement door from kitchen. It was made for dave when he was little by his mom :) My decor post will be up much later tonite as I don't have internet access at the ballet studio. I'll be posting about what to do with cookie cutters that you like but don't use for sugar cookies! come on over to check it out..it should be up by 10 pm.