Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story


       Here are my 5 favorites from the past week:

1.  Over the weekend we picked out our Christmas tree.  Our little granddaughter came with us.  She
      picked her own out!


         2.  On Monday I had lunch with a long-time friend.  We spent the afternoon browsing in some local specialty shops.  What a wonderful , relaxing time we had.  It was a great day.  Already looking forward to the next time!

3.  This same friend gave me a huge bag of sweaters.  I kept all but two.  They are beautiful!  It was like getting a brand new wardrobe for free!  Some of them were colors I was needing to go with certain skirts.  It was like a special Christmas present from God.

4.  Received a refund check in the mail from our car insurance company.  They had overcharged us.  How often does that happen?!!  Another Christmas gift from the Lord!

5.  Last evening as I was driving home from work after doing errands, I drove through a nearby small city and saw a  nativity scene right in the middle of the park on Main Street.  So glad Christ is still in Christmas in our smaller towns and cities!                                                        

6 comments:

Faith said...

What great treasures from the Lord you had this week!! The pic of your granddaughter is adorable and a free bag of sweaters can't be beat! and hardly any one ever gets a car insurance check for having overpaid!! Glory to God!! I agree about the nativity scenes...I love seeing ours in town....it's so pretty when all lit up at night....it's sad that the large malls don't show more of the Nativity stuff....the decorations are always so pretty but I find it sad that they keep it so generic. I love going out to lunch and shopping with friends too and I miss that now that' I'm full time...i have plans to do coffee with my best friend over the holiday vacation...i can't wait!! Have a blessed weekend...I'm so glad you do this FFF...i wonder if many of the ladies have realized we're sisters!! :)

Hazel said...

Awww... your granddaughter is cute. The nativity scene must have looked awesome. Happy Friday.

Lisa notes... said...

I love your granddaughter's little Christmas tree. So precious.

I love getting hand-me-downs too. Sweet. And I don't turn down refund checks either. :-) Glad your week was good! Merry Christmas!

Karyn said...

A week of gifts!

Love the little tree of your granddaughter's.

Willow said...

Sweet photo of your granddaughter with her very own tree. Lucky girl!

Those sweaters were a wonderful gift! And as you enjoy wearing them you'll remember the one who shared them with you--a win/win!

Susanne said...

Yay for unexpected refund cheques. Especially right before Christmas. And a great gift all those sweaters must be.

I love public nativity scenes. It's so sad they are disappearing.

Sweet shot of your granddaughter and her tree.