Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I discovered a new blog today through my sister's blog at Gold in the Clouds.  The new blog is called The Simple Woman.  It is right up my alley as it is all about living a simple life on a homestead.  The woman who hosts it, Monica, does an excercise called "The Simple Woman's Daybook."   I am going to participate in this and invite you to do so also, by linking up at her site.  Here is my first one!

Outside My Window       Today is very cold and in the single digits.  It snowed lightly during the night so there is about an inch of snow on the ground.  Right now it is very dark outside as it is 10:30 PM.

I am Thinking    about various projects that I want to do this winter.  One in particular is to wallpaper my spare room/office. 

I am Thankful   for a warm, snug house.

In the Kitchen  This week I made some homemade soup.  It has lentils, cabbage, celery , and barley.  Boy, does that hit the spot during this cold spell!

I am Wearing     A blue pair of sweatpants and a pink sweatshirt.  Stayed home all day and was cozy!

I am Creating     Well, blogging is fairly new to me, so let's just say I am in the process of creating a blog!

I am Going    To bed soon.  It is getting late.

I am Wondering     about the possibility of having a woodstove by next winter.  I am tired of supporting fuel companies!

I am Reading    A Christian thriller called "Self Incrimination" , by Randy Singer.

I am Hoping     for a better night's sleep tonight than last night!

I am Looking Forward To   this weekend, when the temperatures are supposed to climb a little higher!

I am Hearing   silence.  My husband is in bed and all is quiet outside.  My two dogs are sleeping on the floor beside me as I type.

Around the House   I have been taking Christmas decorations down and getting things "back to normal".

I am praying for   a friend of mine who had back surgery today.

One of my favourite things    tending my vegetable and flower gardens in the summertime

A few plans for the rest of the week    I am working on Friday and having a Bible study that evening.  Saturday my stepson and granddaughter will be visiting for a little while.  It's been some time since we've seen her.


Remember to link up and join in the fun by going here!

                                                                             

4 comments:

Faith said...

Hi Hope! so glad you're participating in the Simple Woman Daybook. I used to do it every monday but for the last couple of years I only do it once a month on the 2nd Monday of the month. I just wanted to point out though that Peggy's blog isn't Homesteading by Faith. That is a woman named Monica. Peggy's is The Simple Woman! :) but...visit both!! I like blogging, it's fun and Peggy is also doing Diary of 5 which I plan on doing at least once a week as well. it looks like fun!!
Hope you're feeling better.
Yay for homemade soup...i made beef-veggie-barley on Monday....it sure tasted good!!

Hope said...

Oh, thanks for the info about the blog. Somehow I got confused. Well, I like both their blogs!

Fresh Juniper said...

Excellent post. The homemade soup sounds lovely.

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Oh!! I would love to do this!! Sounds wonderful Hope!