Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story

                                                                                        
                                                                        
Happy Friday to everyone.  Here are five of my favourite blessings from the past week.

1.  My pastor's parents are like a grandma and grandpa to my husband
  and me.  Almost every Sunday after church they have us over for
  lunch.  Saturday I baked them an apple pie.  I remember how he had
  recently told me how much he likes them, and I had been wanting to
  do something special for this couple.  When we got to church
  Sunday morning, my husband and I learned that late Saturday
  afternoon, their house had burned down and was almost completely
  gutted.  They were both in church, though, praising the Lord and
  worshipping the God who, in His mercy, spared them.  I was so
  blessed by their faith.  I still get very emotional when I think
  of how we could have lost them.  Truly God is merciful.  Great is
  His faithfulness.

2.Monday I had coffee and a nice visit with a friend of mine in a
  nearby town.  It was relaxing.  I always enjoy my visits with her.

3.I bought a Christmas gift this week!  Hey, it's never too early to
  start!

4.Last evening I hung my pajamas over the heating vent.  They were
  so toasty when I put them on.  What a great idea that was!

5.We have lived in our home for three years, and my home office room
  has never been worked on.  There was always so much else to do! 
  My husband has been sawing up logs and planing them to make them
  smooth, and yesterday he started giving that room a new floor.  It
  is going to look so nice when he is done!  Wallpaper will be next,
  but here is a peek at the floor he started.  Oh, the wood is from
  trees on the property.
         
                             



Have a great week everyone!!

6 comments:

Gattina said...

The floor will certainly look very nice !

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

Love the new floor. How meaningful that it is from wood on your property!

Oh, my. What a heart stopper to hear about your "grandparents'" fire. Their attitude is commendable. What good timing it was for you to bring them an apple pie as I am sure that that expression of love was encouraging to them.

Christmas gift already? You are my hero! I want to do that this year too.

I've had toasty towels but never thought to have toasty pj's. What a comfort that must have been.

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

I had coffee with a friend on Monday too!! Hahahaa AND got a Christmas gift but I got that idea from YOU : )

New floor gonna be great Hopey!!!

Faith said...

That new floor is GORGEOUS!!! He does SUCH good work!! I did tell you that Kathy and Pete loved the sign, right?? it looks perfect for their new home. I also love warm pjs but haven't been able to do that since I moved outta my little Albany apt. (we have gas heat with vents) BUT...i HAVE been known to toss them in the dryer on air dry to warm them :) I found a gift for dave this week too! too funny......i guess we all were in spending moods. Saw that story on FB about the pastor's parents. That is MIRACULOUS! such a treasure from the Lord. have a great weekend!

Susanne said...

That wood floor is going to be gorgeous!

So sorry for your pastors. Praise God they were not hurt and what a witness they are. Saying a prayer for them!

Going now to put my pj's over a heating vent!

Catherine said...

Wow, the floor is going to be beautiful! How nice that the wood is from your own property, and your husband is doing the work.

I'm sorry to read of your pastor's parent's house fire! I am humbled to read that they were in church praising the Lord that very day. I can only hope that I would do the same, and I pray I never have to find out.

I love cozy towels and PJs. I also like to turn an electric blanket on, just to warm the bed before I get in. I can't sleep with it, but is sure nice to have pre-warmed sheets!

I wish you a wonderful week ahead,
Catherine