Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story

                                                                              
This week flew by.   I have been working on so many winter projects and am getting a lot done!  But I still take time to count my blessings, even the smaller, simple ones.  Here are five from this past week.

1.    Listening to oldies.   This week while housecleaning and working on my various projects, I
       played some old records of mine.  That's right.  Record albums!  It was great listening to some
       older music.  It makes housework more fun too!

.     Surprises.  Last week I mentioned my husband starting a new floor in my home office.  Well, he
      also surprised me by making a window seat!  I have always wanted one of those.  This one opens
      up so that I can store things in it.  I can never have enough storage space!

                                                                       

3.    Blackberries.   This week I pulled some blackberries out of the freezer that we had picked out
       back last summer.  It was like tasting a little bit of summer in the middle of winter.  Tonight I
       added some to the waffle mix I whipped up for supper.  Oh, were they delicious!

4.    Bubblebath.   This week I took a bubble bath or two.  Oh so relaxing.  And smells good, too!


5.     New Customers.   This week three different people approached me about regularly buying my fresh eggs.  I was so happy!  Not only does this help out with buying the chicken feed, but it helps us get rid of all those eggs!  I haven't been able to use them up fast enough.  Those hens are really laying!

So it's been a good week.  I hope yours was too.  I would love to hear about your blessings.                                                                    

9 comments:

Faith said...

Oh I LOVE blackberries and sadly, I'm the only one in the house who eats them! I usually get mine fresh from a farm near here and i LOVE them in a cup with milk and a dash of sugar or in muffins. if I lived closer, Dave and I would soooooo buy your eggs....!! I can't wait til April when the farmer market is back at the park so I can get eggs from one of my fave farms around here. Sounds like all your faves were special! Have a great weekend!

Mo said...

oooh....I've always wanted a window seat too; lucky girl!!

Shannon said...

Very little is better than a good bubble bath!!!

Jerralea said...

Oh, I have always wanted a window seat! You are blessed!

I have blackberries in the freezer as well - blueberries, too. I foresee muffins this week!

Willow said...

Great faves this week! I'd love to have a window seat--your lucky lady! And blackberries sound wonderful especially in January/February. I'm glad you've found customers for those yummy eggs.

Annette Whipple said...

What simple, lovely pleasures! Especially your window seat!

Catherine said...

What a wonderful husband you have. I hope you have many happy moments sitting in your new window seats.

I love your list. Fresh fruit, a bubble bath, and record albums... fantastic!

I wish you a very happy week ahead.
-Catherine

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

So glad for your new customers!!! God is answering prayers!

Love more storage space. That room is going to look awesome.

I am not a fan of bubble baths. In fact, I'm not a fan of bathing, hahaha J/K.

Sounds like you had a great week!

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

Records? Wow - I cannot remember the last time I listened to records. I bet listening to them did make housework more fun!

From a bubblebath to a window seat to blackberries from your own place ... special times indeed this week. :)

Thanks for your words of comfort (about my Chip). They helped.