Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story

Welcome to Friday's Favourite Fives.  You can join in the fun of listing your five favourite blessings from the past week by linking up here.    Some of my blessings include:

1.  Well, this doesn't sound like a blessing, but my husband's back was acting up very badly.  (He injured it in 1994 and has had problems ever since.)  He was put on complete bed rest for the entire week.  Where's the blessing in that?  I got to have him home all week and got to take care of him!! 

2.  I enjoyed baking some cookies for my husband.  I love doing things for him. 

3.  Last Saturday (before throwing his back out) my husband and I spent the day at a local flea market where I had an Avon booth.  I didn't sell a whole lot there, but did generate some good business by handing out books.  Twice this week I received orders on my website from people who got my books at the flea market.  The total from those two sales was just under $200.00!!  That was a wonderful surprise!

4.  I have really been keeping up with my exercising, and this makes me feel so good!  I thank the Lord for my good health.

5.  A nearby town is keeping their gas prices down.  While I was down there for a hair appt, I filled my gas tank at a much lower price than what I have been paying.  That is definately a blessing!
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Divas said...

Love your positive attitude :) Being able to spend extra time with the husband while taking care of him really is a blessing! We just dont always look at it that way do we? Thanks for the reminder.

Kathie said...

Sorry to hear your hubby's back is sore - hope he recovers soon.

I love baking cookies for my hubby too - and he loves eating them!

Good for you on the exercise - I've been trying to keep at it too.

Happy weekend!

Gattina said...

And I have my husband 24 h at home the whole year since he is retired,lol !

Faith said...

Yay for keeping up with your work-outs!! I haven't worked out all week and am really feeling it tonite!! gotta get back on track over the weekend...there's nothing like a great work out! what program are you doing? Sorry to hear about Donny's back...we'll pray! I love baking special treats for Dave and you can tell he loves eatin' 'em! lol...have a happy weekend, Hope!

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

You're a good wife, Hope. I spent all week taking care of my (sick) husband and I have to say my attitude was not like yours : )

GREAT about the Avon stuff!!!

Good for you for exercising!!!

Susanne said...

Good for you for keeping the exercising going! Thats a huge accomplishment in my books. And yay for the Avon orders.

Sorry your hubby was down for the week but what a blessing you are to him.