Monday, February 6, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Here it is February already!  January was a good month and lots was accomplished.  Time to slow down and focus on our surroundings.  Here is this month's Daybook.  Link up at The Simple Woman.



Outside my window   the sun is shining and the snow is sparkling.  The eaves are dripping, so I know it's above freezing.

I am thinking about a flea market I will be selling at this Saturday. 

I am thankful  for a cozy home and a wonderful husband.

In the kitchen   I have dough rising for whole wheat dinner rolls.  I keep my freezer stocked with that kind of thing.

I am wearing  a pair of navy slacks, a white turtleneck, and pink cardigan sweater.

I am creating  a new recipe for dinner tonight.  A twist on the old familiar macaroni and cheese.

I am going  to look for new wallpaper later this week.

I am wondering  if I will have time to go to my favourite thrift shop this week. 

I am reading   the last book in a wonderful series called "The Country Road Chronicles", by Leisha Kelly.

I am hoping  that our pregnant goat will have a safe birth and not require our help.

I am looking forward to  warm, long summer days and spending more time outdoors.

I am learning  how to play the guitar.

Around the house  my husband is redoing my home office.  He made a beautiful new floor with wood he cut from the property, and he built a window seat and lots of shelves!

I am pondering  why so many of God's people are so distracted by the things of this world.

A favourite quote for today  is "Come unto Me all who are weary and heavy laden , and I will give you rest."  Jesus said this, and it is a wonderful invitation.

One of my favourite things is baking surprises for my husband.

A few plans for the rest of the week  include coffee with a friend I don't get together with often enough, an Avon sales meeting, lunch out with my husband, and having an Avon booth at a local flea market.

A peek into my day     

5 comments:

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Hope I LOVE the window seat in your new office!! Yay Donny!!!!

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

What is your favorite thrift shop, Hope? Mine is Deja Vu, WHICH you haven't been to because they were closed when we went. Poo : (

Theresa said...

How fun to be learning to play the guitar. Your dinner rolls sound delish. Do you let them rise at all before freezing them?

Hope said...

Yes, Theresa, I let them rise and then bake them. Then I freeze them. When we have homemade soup for dinner, I pull a few out and warm them in the toaster oven. I also like having them on hand for when we have company for dinner.

Faith said...

Oh yum!! warm wheat rolls with dinner....love those! i've only made homemade rolls once...I usually just do bread. LOVE that window seat....is gonna be so nice when the room is completed! Courtney is learning guitar too! When Dave said he wanted one for xmas 2 years ago I KNEW it would be me and courtney playing it and not him! LOL. Glad you're learning. and that scripture verse is the THIRD one I've seen today that is one of my faves!!