Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A New Twist on Macaroni and Cheese

Last night I made a delicious casserole.  It was actually macaroni and cheese with a new twist.  I found the recipe in the newest "Simple and Delicious" magazine from "Taste of Home."  I sauted some minced garlic along with some  cut up zucchini and onions.  I added this to my macaroni and cheese along with a can of diced tomatoes.  (without the liquid).  I added breadcrumbs to the top.  It was a wonderful winter supper!  Once or twice a week I like to have a meatless meal.  My husband doesn't like it, but he really liked this casserole so didn't mind too much that there was no meat.

                                                                                      

2 comments:

Faith said...

This one is on my 'new recipes" list too!! in fact, almost all of those twists on the old classic look great! I LOVE That magazine...did you see the brownies that call for NUTELLA!!!! i am making those when courtney comes home in March. And I wanna make those other chocolate cookies for Valentine's day for dave and claire! We do 1-2 meatless meals now too (per week). I LOVE it....

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Yum!!!!!!!!!! Hope you make it for us sometime : )