Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story


And it's Friday again.  I am writing this just before leaving for work, so it will be a quick one.  Here are my five favourite blessings from the past week.

1.  Wednesday morning I had coffee and a good visit with a wonderful friend from my old church. 
     We get together every couple of months and always have such good conversation.  She is a true
     friend.

2.  I really enjoyed the mild temperatures this week.  It seemed so nice to feel Spring in the air.  I
    know it isn't Spring yet, and we are bound to have another storm , but it was wonderful to enjoy
    it.  The sunshine was so warm and glorious.

3.  I had a sour stomach one day this week and drank a cup of steaming chamomile tea.  It was so
    relaxing and helped my stomach to settle and fee calm again.  There's nothing like hot tea to make
    you feel renewed.

4.  Thursday my husband and I did some errands together and had lunch at a little diner in the next
     town.  We enjoy trying new places to eat and decided that this one was a keeper.  It was great to
    slow down from a busy week and talk with him and enjoy a good lunch.

5.  After our lunch we browsed through a wallpaper shop.  I've mentioned before how we are
     remodeling the home office.  The next step is the wallpaper.  I knew this store had a bargain
    basement (well, it's actually on the second floor) and prayed all week that I would find something
    to my liking that was on sale.  I found it almost immediately.  I LOVE gingham, and was so happy
    to find this.  I got it for a terrific deal!!  Can't wait to see it on the walls!  And I love how God is
    interested in all aspects of our lives.  Even finding me wallpaper that I love .
   
                                                                                 

I hope you all have a terrific Valentine's Day!!

11 comments:

Barbara H. said...

So nice to spend some time with close friends.

I've enjoyed milder temperatures this week, too, though it likes we'll be having a cold weekend.

The wallpaper looks cute!

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Love the wallpaper!! Sounds like you had a great week. We love to try different places to eat as well, though we haven't been out in awhile. Hopefully in the Spring. Loving this weather!!! Have a great weekend : )

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

It is so cool to spot instances where God is interested in all aspects of our lives: like you finding this c-u-t-e gingham wallpaper at a good price! Looking forward to seeing photos.

I agree that tea is good medicine. I recently made a tea area at my office with the hope I would brew a cup each afternoon and quietly reflect for a few minutes. It doesn't happen very often (yet), but when it does, my whole attitude mellows.

Hurray for good friends!!!

Have a good weekend,Hope.

Mo said...

very cute wall paper, and I love the border you've chosen; I bet it looks fabulous when you're done!

Carrie said...

I almost had to stop reading after number 1 - coffee with a friend from your old church. So many blessings in that! Great thing to list.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Lisa notes... said...

True friends are the best, yes? Glad you had opportunity to meet with one of yours this week.

Your wallpaper is so cute. I'm sure your office is going to look great. Have a great weekend.

Faith said...

I LOVE getting together with one of my "true" friends for coffee...now that I"m back full time it doesn't happen nearly enough! it is a blessing for sure! and your wallpaper story is similar to the Claire story. she had her heart set on that purple Donny put up....and PTL we got it for such a good price!! (Thanks to your hint about the online place!! :) ) There's nothing like a good cup of steaming tea. I don't care for Chamomile....but i know the ginger kind works great for stomach issues. Have a wonderful weekend!!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a great week all the way around. Hubby and I enjoy finding good new spots to eat, too. It is so sweet how God takes interest in the big and small things...

momma24 said...

I love little moments with my husband! Great list!

Susanne said...

I love noticing God's hands in all aspects, no matter how trivial, in our lives.

Nice moments with your hubby.

Willow said...

A get together with a friend is a precious time as is a lunch date with your hubby. You had a good week.