Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story


Here we go with our favourites from the past week. 

1.  Sunday my stepson and our granddaughter went to church with us.  She is almost 3 and sat so good all through the service!  After church , they came back to our house and enjoyed a nice lunch of chili and cornbread with us.  It was a wonderful day.

2.  It was a cold week, but my husband and I didn't have to go anywhere during the evenings.  We stayed home and enjoyed warm, cozy evenings.  I miss those kinds of times during the summer months.

3.  The last time we had homemade waffles I made a couple of extra batches and put them in the freezer.  A couple of times this past week I took some out in the morning and popped them in the toaster.  This made for a quick, delicious breakfast.

4.  I thanked the Lord this week that our water pipes didn't freeze during this cold spell.  It has in the past, and it is NOT fun.  That has been a real blessing.

5.  Yesterday as I sat at my computer, I looked out the window and saw about two dozen wild turkeys roaming through my front yard.  I feel so blessed to live back here in the woods.  I never know what I might see from day to day!  Here is a glimpse of them.

May you all have a warm, safe, and blessed weekend.  See you next Friday!

6 comments:

Faith said...

Love all your faves! that's great that your stepson got to go to church with you! I LOVE warm cozy evenings...I had two this week (wed and thurs..well, i had my moms group here but i was still IN!) and tonite will be my first weekend alone in 18 years!! i have the whole weekend to my self!!! I'm definitely gonna enjoy some nice quiet evenings! have a great weekend!!

Susanne said...

Your Sunday sounds wonderful. Family at church with you and a nice cozy lunch afterward. Perfect!

Yay, for no frozen pipes. And for evenings enjoyed at home. It must be quite the experience living in the woods.

ellen b. said...

Lots of things to be thankful for. How fun to see those wild turkeys and boy you aren't kidding that you live in the woods! Have a great weekend.

Barbara H. said...

So neat that your family was able to come with you to church and dinner! And so good that your pipes didn't freeze.

It's so nice not to have to go out on cold, dark evenings.

What a neat photo of the wild turkeys!

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

I love your granddaughter..she is adorable!!! So glad they went to church; will continue to pray for them. I love warm, cozy staying inside - that's the only part of winter I like! Mmmmmm waffles - our next Bible study meal : )

Glad your pipes didn't freeze.

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

wOW - 50 acres. That's quite spread amd a lot of work. Sounds rewarding though. Glad you and hubby are able to live out your dream. Love the picture of the turkeys. Sometimes we get to see them walking around our small town. I always smile when I see them.

Hurray for no frozen pipes. And double hurray for your Sunday visitors!

Waffles are great food. How come I never remember to make and freeze extra? I put that on my to-do list for this week. Thanks for the reminder!