Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives hosted by Living to Tell The Story


       Here is the first Friday's Favorite Fives for the New Year.

1.  Sunday and Monday I took down my Christmas decorations and the tree and got everything back to normal.  That is always a good feeling.  I LOVE Christmas and all that goes with it, but by New Year's, I am ready to have everything back the way it was.

2.  Spent New Year's Eve Day with two of my sister's and their families.  My young nieces were a lot less shy around my husband and I than they usually are.  It was a lot of fun to spend time with them.  We had a great time playing Apples to Apples!

3.  I had time this week to check out some other blogs here and found some really great ones.  Several of them pertain to homesteading and living self-sufficiently, which is what my husband and I are trying to do.   Looking forward to gaining ideas and encouragment!

4.  Yesterday I tackled a job I had been putting off for months - mending.  I hate mending and cannot sew well.  I had some items of clothing that needed to be hemmed or have buttons sewed back on.  Some of them have been in the pile since early summer.  Talk about procrastinating!  But I got it all done, and it sure was a great feeling of accomplishment!  Oh - and I did it while watching some old "I Love Lucy" episodes, so that made it enjoyable!

5.  Yesterday  neither my husband or I had to work.  I fixed us a nice lunch and we ate at the kitchen table while discussing our gardening plans for this spring.  What a lovely time!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

                                                                    

9 comments:

Faith said...

I love it when Dave and I can just sit and eat together during the day...it's rare but when it happens it's always nice! Glad you found some new blogs you like! and yay for accomplishing that dreaded task: mending! lol....I have a sweater that needs a button and it's been since last April! Yay for Lucy shows!! have a great weekend!

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Sounds lovely Hope, the entire week!! We're still putting decorations away, lol we just took the tree down last night! You should get together with your nieces more often; I love my aunts!! Mending? Ugh, I can sew a button but it just falls off again : )

Shannon said...

I love finishing that project that has been hanging around "forever", but you just hate to do. It is so freeing and relaxing to know its finally done!

Have a great week!

Susanne said...

I Love Lucy makes alot of chores a bit more palatable when it is on. :vD I too hate sewing and am not good at it. Maybe I'll have to plug Lucy in at get to my own pile!

So nice to be with family at some point over holidays. Your celebration sounds like it was a wonderful family time.

Brenda said...

A day off with hubby is such a wonderful thing, so glad you could take advantage of it. And getting a chore done that you don't enjoy is a great feeling, you feel so accomplished when you finish.

Jerralea said...

Playing Apples to Apples is so much fun. We just had a game night with friends and played it.

Good for you on the mending! I let mine pile up for way too long ...

I think several of us in the blogosphere was ready to put up the decorations. Life is back to (almost) normal!

ellen b. said...

Sound like a great week with some good accomplishments. It so good to get back to normal. Have a great weekend.

Catherine said...

I just spent the past two days with my siblings. I love it when we get together!

Isn't the bloggy world great? you'll find so many wonderful things.

I hope you have a happy week!
-Catherine

Mom24 said...

What a lovely list! We love Apples to Apples--so much fun!

I am not big on mending either, it's very difficult for me to get motivated to do it. Good for you!