Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday's Favorite Five's



Spring has arrived.  In fact, the past couple of days have felt as if summer had arrived!  The weather has been a wonderful blessing.  And I found five more blessings besides!

1.   Sunday after church, we spontaneously invited a couple over for dinner that we have never had
      over before.  We had a wonderful time of getting to know each other better.  Isn't it great to make
      new friends?

2.   A friend from work brought me in some duck eggs.  She has three ducks who recently started
      laying.  She knows I have chickens and thought I'd like to try the duck eggs.  I used two of them
      in baking.  They look pretty much the same, except the white is very clear.  This weekend I will
      make my husband and I a nice breakfast and try the rest of those eggs.

3.   Because I have a pregnant goat who is due very soon, I have been spending a lot more time out in
      the goat shed.  It has been wonderful spending time with these fascinating animals!  They are such 
      a joy to be with!  Here is a glimpse of the mama-to-be:

           
I caught her in the act of stealing hay from the loft above their area.  Well, she is eating for two.    Maybe three.

4.   Yesterday I got a lot of much needed yardwork done.  AND I get rid of a lot of
       junk.  I even took it all to the dump.  That way my husband couldn't change his
      mind about getting rid of it!

5.   I had a very relaxing afternoon of baking one day this week.  I wanted to restock my freezer with
     cookies and muffins.  I like to keep baked goodies on hand for when company drops in.  It is
     somehow such a good feeling when the freezer is full!

I hope you , too, had a great week.  Tell me your blessings by joining up here, at Living to Tell the Story,                                
                                                                                  

6 comments:

Faith said...

Mama goat is BIG! It will be fun for you guys to have a little goat running around...they're so cute!
Sounds like you had a productive week and I LOVE having friends over. Now that spring has sprung I plan on cleaning up the deck, chairs, buying a new fire pit (ours was damaged) and getting the grill outta the shed for fun evenings on the deck. I love sitting and eating out!! I'm doing some baking this weekend, too! Have a fun weekend

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Sounds like a great, relaxing week. I do love to bake. Have a great week ahead!

Willow said...

I think mama goat is eating for three, maybe four!

Getting yardwork/garden work done is great! Here's hoping we have a pleasant spring with predictable weather :)

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

I love your goats!!!

We got yardwork done too; feels very good to do that after winter!

Duck eggs....interesting. Someone recently gave my gram goose eggs. They were HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susanne said...

That is one nimble pregnant mama!

I have never thought about eating duck eggs. You'll have to let us know what they are like.

LOL that you took your stuff to the dump right away. Probably a very wise move.

My mom used to try to have baked goods in the freezer for company too but if it was cookies my sis would raid them and eat them frozen and then mom would go to get them out and there would be too measly little cookies in a great big container. LOL.

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

What a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon - getting to know folks from church. That is such a great ministry! I always want to do that (invite someone over), but I never seem to have to together enough in terms of food, energy, or house (cleaned up) wise.

So you must have liked the taste of the duck eggs? For awhile my daughter ate them (she's allergic to chicken eggs) and so I tasted them too. I thought the taste too "strong." She also used the shells in some of her artwork!

So smart to take things to the dump right away. I've had to do that when cleaning up and tossing things at work. Otherwise folks take things right out of the trash cans and put the items right back on the shelves!

Have a great week.