Monday, March 12, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

                                  Time to pause and reflect on what is going on in my life at this moment. You can do it too! Just hook up to The Simple Woman's Daybook  and join in.                                            .

Outside my window....the chickens are happily pecking about.

I am thinking....about how much fun I am going to have tonight at a girls' night out for dessert and coffee!

I am thankful....for all the blessings in my life.

In the kitchen....I have homemade wholewheat bread rising and will make a harvest soup for tonight to go with it.

I am wearing....light blue pants and a white turtleneck.

I am creating....the start of my garden.  I planted seeds a few days ago in containers in the house to be replanted in May outside.

I am going....out for dessert tonight!!

I am wondering....where the bone came from that my dog dragged home this morning.

I am reading...."Considering Doris Day."  It's all about...well...um...Doris Day : )

I am hoping....that it is sunny tomorrow as I want to hang my sheets on the clothesline.

I am looking forward to....the birth of our first baby goat!

I am learning....all about birthing baby goats and caring for a pregnant mamma goat and baby.

Around the house....we are working on remodeling my home office.  It is going well. 

One of my favourite things....is being home alone on a quiet afternoon and just "listening" to the quiet and spending time praising the Lord.

A few plans for the rest of the week....working one day this week, going to my favorite thrift shop another day, and having company for dinner Friday evening.

A peek into my day....




                                                            

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Your bread sounds and looks delicious. A girls night out for dessert sounds fun! Enjoyed your daybook today :)

Faith said...

Oh I loved reading your day book...so glad you're doing it. Am very busy this week so no blogging for me until friday's faves..and then I can do a bit more next week I hope. The bread looks great and yay for going out with your girl friends! i LOVE doing that!! I got to go out to dinner in January with a good friend....enjoyed every minute..have fun!

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

You are so cute!!! I love this!!!

Did you tell me about the bread? Sounds YUM!!!!!