Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday's Favorite Five's





Happy Friday everyone!!  List your five favourite blessings from the past week by going here.

1.   FRIENDS    I had a girls' night out for dessert and coffee Monday night.  It was a lot of fun, especially after,
     when I went to the house of one of my friends to extend our conversation.  I truly enjoyed myself.

2.   GIRL SCOUT COOKIES     It's that time of year again : )  Gotta love those cookies!  My favourites are the chocolate peanut butter and the thin mints : )

3.   BOOKS   I am reading a really good book right now about the life of Doris Day.  She is one
       of my all-time favourite actresses.  I love her movies, especially her later ones from the 1960's.

                                                                           

4.   GOOD VISITS   Earlier this week I had an appt. in the town where we used to live, and I stopped in  to see a former neighbor.  We had a really enjoyable visit, and she was so surprised and pleased.  And that made me feel good.

5.   STRAWBERRIES   Yesterday I bought ten strawberry plants.  I'm really looking forward to getting these planted and then reaping the wonderful rewards!!  I see some fresh strawberries in my future!

Now it's your turn.  What were some blessings for you this week?
                                                                                  

5 comments:

Faith said...

oh that's great that you are growing strawberries. I'm the only one in the fam who doesn't like them. the girls just LOVE them. yay for nites out with girl friends and for keeping the conversation going....I had one of those last nite here at our house! It was fun. That was great that you got to see your former neighbor and bless her! have a good weekend, Hope. Let's try to plan a day in April when we can get together. Keep us posted about mama goat!

Susanne said...

Girl's nights out is the best. Extending it one on one is a bonus!

Homegrown strawberries...Yum!

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Doris Day....WHO?? Hahah JUST KIDDING!!!!

Strawberries...YUM...but Girl Scout cookies YUMMIER!!!

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

I also love Doris Day movies. Thanks for the book mention. Is she as wholesome, perky, and nice in real life as in the films?

I recently had the lemon Girl Scout cookie and that one was tasty. Thankfully I can say that store bought cookies don't attract/tempt my tastebuds. Wish I could say the same about other sweets.

How fun it will be to harvest berries from your own garden. Surely a sweet reward for some work now.

Bluerose said...

It's been forever since I've had a Girl Scout cookie. They are good, though! :)

We're working on strawberries at the moment. I hope they turn out well.

I've definitely got to stick around here and get some gardening tips! ;)