Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Life


                                                                            
             Signs of Spring are all around our little farm.  Buds are on the trees; plants are pushing up through the ground.  The dawn is filled with birdsong.  I love hearing the chirping of birds when I go out to feed and water the animals in the morning.  "The time of the singing of birds has come."  Song of Solomon 2:12b

Monday, I discovered that one of my favorite hens has gone broody!  She had been sitting in a nesting box for several days, so I've suspected that she wants to hatch a clatch of eggs.  Since we are about to order new chicks from a local farm supply store anyway, I decided to place some eggs under this hen, let her set, and see what happens.  If all goes well, we will have some fluffy, peeping chicks in about 21 days.  It seems like such a long wait!











      
Speaking of waiting, we are still awaiting the arrival of our first new kid. My oldest goat, Ethel, is due this month to have her baby. We have been waiting for this since November. Her udder filled and dropped a couple of weeks ago, and since then we run out to the goat shed every morning expecting a new little one. The anticipation is sometimes nerve-wracking!! We are so looking forward to this birth.

With all these promises of new birth and life all around, I can't help but think of the miracle of that first Easter morning when Christ arose from the tomb and conquered death. The promise of new life to those who hope in Him is the greatest promise of all.


He Arose. He Arose.
Hallelujah Christ arose!!                             


                                                       Happy Easter to all!
                                                                 

1 comment:

Faith said...

I thot I commented on here...yay a devo post! loved reading this. Is that a nest of eggs you found in a tree? we had one last spring in our cherry tree in front yard with 3 little eggs, but a squirrel got to the eggs :( I LOVE Easter...my very fave Christian holiday....so full of NEW LIFE! and the reminder that we need His Grace and Mercy, forgiveness and Love. Happy Easter, Hope!! ( i cant wait til the k classrm gets the chick and duck eggs...they are always so much fun to hold/play with!)