Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday's Favorite Five's


                                                                               
It's been a really long week as I have had the flu.  I don't remember being this sick in a very long while.  But, I am getting better, and I was able to find some blessings amid the sickness.  Here are 5 of my favorites from the past week.


1.  We had a really windy day one day last week, and a tree fell into our goat pen area.  Thank the Lord it
      wasn't a very thick tree, although it was long.  There were no injuries except a fallen fence, which
     was easily repaired.

            

                          
          2.  Last week the women of my church started a Bible study.  It is about speaking the Word of God.  It's going to be a great time of getting to know God's Word better and getting to know the church women better.  We've had some great times of sharing.  I'm very excited about this study!

3.  Saturday, before I got too sick, my husband and I went to a Woodworker's Exposition in Saratoga Springs.  We had a wonderful day of being together and browsing through the various booths.  After, we ate lunch at one of our favorite diners in Saratoga.




4.  My husband did the dishes for me one day this week when I was at my sickest!  I was in bed the whole day.  He knows I like a clean kitchen.  What a great guy!

5.  Being sick and in bed most of the week gave me lots of time to read, and pray and do Bible reading.  I didn't like being sick, but I did like resting!


                                Share your favorite blessings from the past week by going to Living to Tell The Story.

                                                                                  

4 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

So sorry you're sick. I pray you'll feel better by Sunday! Rest until then.

Your women's Bible study sounds so good. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Praying you have a blessed Easter.

Faith said...

The flu is awful!! I know so many coworkers who've been out with it. I just have a bad cold...but it IS so nice when the husband does some chores....I love that! Glad you and Donny got to the woodworking show..that guitar is gorgeous!! It's no fun being sick but the rest time IS nice for reading and catching up on Scriptures. Have a wonderful Easter and hope you're fully recovered by then!!

Susanne said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. The flu is no fun but thank you for joining us in spite of being ill. It blesses me when other's grab ahold of looking for blessings even when it's harder. What a sweetie your hubby was to clean up the kitchen for you!

Yikes, that tree must have given the goats a bit of fright when it came crashing down. We know winds like that around here!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Glad you're feeling better -- and that you saw the rainbow through the rain, using your "sick time" productively!

And what a hubby -- awesome -- cleaning the kitchen!

Have a blessed Easter.