Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday's Favorite Five's

It has been a couple of weeks since I've participated in this.  So much has happened in these two weeks on our little mini farm.  I will list my five favorites!

1.  After so much waiting and anticipation , our goat finally gave birth!!  What a huge surprise to discover not one, but TWO beautiful baby goats.  Two little girls.  They are sweet, and I am spending a LOT of time with them.  I love to hold and cuddle them!!

                                                                          
         Isn't that precious?!

2.  We have some new baby chicks ordered from the farm supply store.  More waiting......but it is fun!  We also have a hen sitting on a dozen eggs.  Will see what comes of that.

3.  With the warmer temperatures and nicer days this week, I have gotten a lot of spring cleaning done.  What a great feeling that is.  Also readying our porch for the summer.  It is like another room in the summer time.  In fact, we are hardly in our living room at all during the nicer months.  Here is where we eat all summer:


4.  My husband is building the deck off the French doors in the bedroom.  I  have waited for this for about three years.  There had always been so many other things  to  do, but now it is almost done.  This will be a wonderful spot for morning coffee and evening talks!! 

                                                                     
                                                     
       
5.  And last but not least - what great week doesn't end with a great dessert?  I made a delicious chocolate cream pie yesterday for dessert.  We hadn't had that in quite some time.  It sure tasted good : )

Well, I hope you all had as great a week as I did and that you are enjoying the Spring weather.  Tell me your blessings by going to Living to Tell the Story and linking up.
                                                                                                                                      

7 comments:

Kathie said...

What a lovely five Hope! Your baby goats are adorable - I want some some!!!

Your front porch looks so inviting - isn't it nice to anticipate the lovely weather. I can imagine you counting the stars from your new deck too.

Oooh a great ending indeed! I made lemon pie this week but your chocolate pie looks equally tempting!

have a wonderful weekend!

Faith said...

I haven't made a chocolate pie since last summer! yummy!! the goats are so adorable...Claire enjoyed seeing them on FB :) and you are gonna LOVE having a deck...I cannot WAIT To be on summer break so I can have my coffee and devos on mine every morning...i just LOVE it. we eat dinner out there every nite too and really enjoy it unless it's very humid :) Have a wonderful weekend and let's get together soon my dear sister! :)

Barbara H. said...

What cute little baby goats!

I would love a screened-in porch like that. And a deck! So glad that's finally coming together.

That pie looks SO good. I'd wanted a pie like that for Easter dinner but what we ended up with was a little different -- okay, but just not what my taste buds were set for.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

The goats are so sweet! And I love your little summer room. The deck is great, too. Enjoy!

Susanne said...

Now aren't those the sweetest little babes? I'd be cuddling them all day too.

Your summer room is very appealing. I can see myself in there with a good cup of coffee and a book and entertaining friends. Maybe with some of that delicious looking cream pie!

Willow said...

Those baby goats are precious--I remember talking with a friend years ago who did research in animal husbandry and he told me that twins and even triplets are not unusual for goats. So sweet!

Oh, I'd love to have a 'summer room'. Now you'll have two with your extra deck :)

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Oh man, I have GOT to get to your house and hold those precious baby goats and the little chicks!! mmm and that pie looks delicious!! And I love sitting on your porch. Ok I'm sold, I'm comin' over!!