Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chocolate Jumbles

One of my favourite aunts gave me this recipe many years ago.  I hadn't made them in about 10 years until last week.  The spice gives the chocolate a different taste.  They're quite good.

1 egg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa dissolved in a little bit of boiling water  (about 1/4 - 1/2 cup)
1 cup shortening
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp baking soda in 1/2 cup hot water
1 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour

Mix all ingredients.  (I omitted the cloves since I didn't have any, and they were great.)  Drop onto cookie sheet;  press lightly with a fork dipped in flour.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes



                                                                                

1 comment:

Faith said...

YUMMY!! let me guess...Aunt Helen? I LOVE CLOVES....i'm gonna make these this weekend I think..been since Xmas since I baked cookies. And this is definitely going in Courtney's cookbook! :)