Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives

Happy Friday!  The summer is coming to a close, which is always bittersweet.  I do have some special blessings from the past week, though.  I'd love to hear yours , too.  Join us by going to Living to Tell the Story.


1.  Saturday my husband and I went up to Cooperstown with a couple that we are great friends with.  We did a lot of walking, went to a craft fair, and had lunch on the lake.  It was a beautiful day with special people.

2.  I had to attend a funeral this past week.  Even though that is always sad, it was wonderful to see some old friends that I grew up with and have't seen in so many years. 

3.  Our garden did so well this year!  This week I froze a lot of peppers and  carrots and got several quarts of homemade  tomato sauce  into the freezer for use this winter.  That's a great feeling!

4.  Monday my husband and I went for a motorcycle ride and had a picnic.  We even got a little fishing done!           

5.  We bought an ice cream maker earlier this summer and finally used it last night.  I had a recipe for goat's milk ice cream.  The flavour was cocoa chocolate chip.  Boy was it delicious.  So much creamier than store bought.  Gotta find a way to use all this goat's milk we are getting!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!


7 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Before I went to my first funeral, I thought I would dread it, but it was wonderfully comforting, and so good to see those that had gathered.

Sounds like you had some great outings with friends and hubby!

Jerralea said...

I love visiting craft fairs with friends, glad you had a wonderful day.

I've never had goat's milk. I always associate it with the story, "Heidi."

Kari said...

oh how lucky are you to go out for a picnic and a motorcycle ride - awesome.

Homemade ice cream is always better. yours sounds delicious.

Faith said...

Great way to use up that goat's milk! YUMMY.....I had some goat cheese the other day and found I don't really like it. I had had it before and thot it was pretty good so maybe it depends on who makes it? Your date with D sounds wonderful and yay for going to fun places with good friends!

Susanne said...

Ice cream sounds like the perfect choice for extra milk.

Your time with hubby and friends sounds like lots of fun.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Cooperstown is such a pretty little area. Oh, I wish I had a freezer full of good stuff like you do. Fruits of your summer labors! Sounds like you had a great week.

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Aww, sounds like a great week. I'm sure the friends who went to Cooperstown with you were SUPER special ;-)

Cute pic of you on the bike!!!!!!!