Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday's Fave Five

                             



It has been a while, again, since I have done the Friday's Fave Fives.  So, I am going to include some favorites from the past two or three weeks. 

1.  We went up to Old Forge one day earlier this month.  We walked around in gift shops and various other stores, and we played miniature golf at a place that had a Wizard of Oz theme.  It was old, but very cute.  Mini golf places don't have the cute stuff they used to.  It is all waterfalls now.  Here are some pics:

       







      
                                       



Aren't they adorable?

2.  We also spent a couple of nights  in the 1000 Islands Region in upper New York State.  It was so wonderful to get away.  We stayed at a lovely motel right on the St. Lawrence Seaway, which runs into Lake Ontario.   We took a boat tour on the Seaway and went into Canadian waters.  We stopped at Boldt Castle and were able to tour inside it.  What a beautiful place!  It has 126 rooms.  How would you like to have a house like this?


                      
   
I wouldn't want to heat it.  Yikes!

3.  Our garden has been doing so well this summer!  I have been enjoying harvesting from it and making tomatoe sauce to freeze for the winter.  I have also froze a lot of peppers and green beans.

4.  My husband recently bought a Ural, a Russian motorcycle.  We have been enjoying going on rides through all the beautiful farm country around here.  So relaxing.  I get to ride in the sidecar.  I've decided  it's the only way to travel!
 
 
 
                                        

5.  I have been teaching the 6 & 7 year old class at my church's Vacation Bible School this week.  It has been so much fun!  I haven't done one in several years.  My group of kids is great.  Boy, they have tired me out!
I hope you are all having a great end of the summer.  Tell me five of your favorite blessings by going to Living to Tell the Story

See you all next week!                                 

5 comments:

Faith said...

great list of faves, Hope!! I LOVE mini golf places....there's a really quaint one with all kinds of Adirondack themed stuff in Lake Luzerne....i think when dave and I take claire on the train ride next month to Old Forge, we'll check this wizard of oz place out!! She would LOVE it!! WoO was her fave movie the year she was 3...she literally watched it every day for quiet time after preschool :) And YAY for touring Boldt Castle...haven't been there since I was little!! That's great that you are helping with VBS. Have a great weekend!! I'm planning on calling you soon, actually :)

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Oh my goodness I laughed SO hard at the pics of mini golf...I LOVE Wizard of Oz...and the witch's legs under the house...PRICELESS. I BOL'd til it hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE the new bike...was fun to take a ride :)

I want a castle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara H. said...

How unusual to have Wizard of Oz decor at the mini golf place.

I'd love to visit a castle! But wouldn't want to heat or clean it!

Willow said...

OH I love that Wizard of Oz section--poor witch...

I scrolled down and read your post about gardening. I love to garden, too, and this year we've had a bumper crop of tomatoes! I'm making lots of sauce for the winter! Lettuce did well for me this year too. I have never been able to grow a green pepper, though.

Annette Whipple said...

What fun, Hope!

That castle is amazing. Do you live in NY? I grew up near Binghamton, NY, but in PA. :)