Friday, September 28, 2012

Blessings

           

Happy Friday everyone!  Once again, it has been a few weeks since I've done a Favorite Five, so I have combined some blessings from the past couple of weeks.  You can read other people's blessings too by going here.     I hope you've all had a great week.

1.  My birthday was earlier this month, and my husband and I celebrated by going up to Old Forge, a quaint tourist village in the Adirondacks.  We went up on the motorcycle.  It was a beautiful day for a ride.  We took a boat tour around the Fulton Chain of Lakes and then had dinner at a really nice restaurant.  It was a wonderful day.  There were only about a dozen other people on the cruise.  We sat right in the front of the boat.



2.  My dad comes up just about every Thursday to cut brush on our property.  I enjoy spending this time with him.  I cherish it.

3.  Last week I spent the afternoon with a new friend of mine.  We browsed some local antique shops and had lunch together at a quiet little restaurant.  It's been great getting to know her.

4.   I have a favourite little chicken who is only about 12 weeks old.  She disappeared for about 24 hours.   God faithfully brought her back.  You can read about it here.      



5.  The leaves are starting to change  here where I live.  My husband and I walked to our marsh and I got some really good pictures of the colors.  What a beautiful time of year. 

                                                                                 There is so much of God's beauty all around us, no matter what the season.  Have a great weekend amd make some marvelous memories!!                                                                                                                                                                    

5 comments:

Barbara H. said...

This is one of my favorite times of year as well. The leaves are just starting to turn color here.

A belated happy birthday to you! Your trip sounds fun. So do your visits with your dad and friend.

Glad your little chick returned!

Faith said...

So glad you were able to get to Old Forge!! We haven't been there since 1995!! We do want to get out there one weekend this autumn....my fave season of all altho there are parts to every season I enjoy :) Yeah for making new friends and lunches out!! Enjoy the weekend!!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I've never heard of Old Forge. We go to the area in the summer sometimes -- we'll have to check it out. That little chicken is a cutie! Enjoy your beautiful fall leaves.

Jerralea said...

Loved your fall photo!

You are so blessed to have a visit with your dad every week ... cherish him while you have him.

Happy belated birthday. It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Susanne said...

I love this time of year. It looks beautiful where you live. All those colors.

Your day trip with your hubby sounds like a lot of fun.