Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives



Here we go again with another list of blessings from the past week.  The week went by in a whirlwind, but it is so nice to take time out and count the blessings.

1.  This week I had lunch with my oldest friend.  We have known each other since we were babies.  We went to a cozy little restaurant and had a great time.  Old friends are treasures!

2.  I bought myself one of my favourite candies this week, as a special treat.  Nonpareils.  Hadn't had them in such a very long time.  They didn't last long!

3.  Not sure why so many of my favourites revolve around food, but another blessing of the past week was a homemade pizza my husband and I made together.  We have made several, and each time try to perfect it.  This one was the best so far.  It was delicious!



4.  I found this the other day.  Today it has two eggs.  I am checking it daily.  I may have baby birds to show soon!


                       
                                                                              5.  This morning I woke up with a really weird feeling.  A good, weird feeling.  The sun was shining, and you could tell it was going to be a beautiful summer day, but it was early, so still chilly.  The feeling I had was the same feeling I used to have when I would wake up at my family's summer camp when I was a child.  My house, which is quite rustic, had the same feeling and smell to it as I can remember our camp having when I would wake up on those summer days so long ago.  It was really weird, but I do consider it a blessing.  It was a great "childhood" feeling and memory.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Let me know about your week by going to Living to Tell the Story and listing your special blessings.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

It's funny how something so seemingly insignificant can take you right back to a great childhood memory.

Beautiful little egg. Love watching mama birds feed their babies in their nests.

That pizza looks awesome. My favorite food of all time and now you have my mouth watering!

Faith said...

great list of faves! we have a nest too in the little tree near the garage....I love when the baby birds start learning to fly...they were so much fun to watch last year! that's funny about the camp memory. I was walking in to the school building where I teach one morning this week and as i was crossing the lot to get to the sidewalk near some pine trees I smelled the smell that reminded me of Pine Grove camp.....i never thot to use it as a fave but i LOVE that smell of pines. and i wish we still had our family camp!!! We could have all taken turns using it in the summer :) (but dave says he would have put in running water! lol...)

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Loved reading about your memory. In fact, I just love reading about your life -- it's so different from mine. Sounds wonderful. Love the bird's nest picture, too.

Have a great week!

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Never heard of that candy. Should've saved one for me!!! That pizza looks AWESOME!!!! YUM

I love childhood memories...the good ones anyway HA!!!!