Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Favorite Fives



It's a beautiful, sunny Friday morning after a week of rain and gloom.  I am ready to list 5 blessings from the past week.  Then, I'd really like to hear yours.  Join me, by going to Living to Tell the Story.


1.  I filled in for a friend at work earlier this week.  I don't normally work on Sundays, but I took her second shift, and then on Monday I worked the 11:00 pm - 7:00 am shift.  This is really easy work.  I was on the switchboard at the hospital, and not much takes place during those hours, so I was able to read and relax!  And my work there is done until May 25th!  I am enjoying some time off for a little while and loving it!

2.  Today is the annual Springfest in our small village.  I will be having an Avon booth there both days.  It looks like it is going to be great weather for it!  My husband always comes with me when I do craft fairs, and we have such a great time just being together.

3.  We had a wonderful prayer meeting at church last night.  It is a good group of dedicated Christians committed to praying for our nation. 

4.  We had a breakfast at our Ladies Bible study this week.  Our host pampered us with beautiful china plates and teacups, cloth tablecloths, candles, china cream and sugar bowls.  It was so lovely.  Just what we women love! 

5.  Last night I made baked chicken which I had marinating all day in Italian dressing.  It sure tasted good.  My husband has been after me to make it this way for years.  I finally did, and loved the result!

 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!  See you next time!

                                                                             

5 comments:

Faith said...

Oh I LOVE marinating chicken all day...i use several different kinds of marinades but one of our very faves is the Italian dressing from Kraft! :) some times I make homemade kind, too. The breakfast sounds so nice!! and yay for good prayer groups and having fun at craft fairs. I might have an avon order in another month or 2...gotta save up some money first :) Have a great weekend!!

Barbara H. said...

We used to marinate chicken tenderloin Sunday mornings while at church and then pop it in the oven for 20 minutes, time enough to change and make a side dish. Haven't done that in a while, I guess since my oldest son who most liked it moved out.

The Springfest sounds fun! And the prayer meeting and tea sound great, too.

Glad work has been going well and you have some time off.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I'd love to see that Italian marinade chicken recipe. Sounds great!

After our recent experiences, I appreciate anyone who works in hospitals. So many opportunities for blessings others who need it. I've been the one who needed it and a smile in your voice or on your face can dispel the gloom in a stranger's heart. Kudos to you!

Willow said...

I hope you do well at your booth at the festival. It's always fun for me to be a vendor (fiber arts)--you meet so many interesting people. It's special that your hubby comes with you too.

Melanie - Author/Editor/Publisher said...

Sounds like that was a great week Hope!! So glad people are praying for our pathetic nation. YUM to chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!