Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday's Favorite Fives




Happy Friday everyone!!  I haven't been on here in so long.  It has just been so busy here on the minifarm.  But all is well, and I am ready to share my five favorite blessings from the past week.  Please join in and share yours too by going to Living to tell the Story. 


1.  We had a LOT of rain this week.  That made for a very cozy afternoon one day earlier in the week.  I spent some time all curled up and reading a book.  That is always a favorite.

2.  Another cozy time - my husband watched a movie in bed last night, and while I wasn't interested at all in this movie  (we have such different tastes in movies) I did lay in bed and read.  It was nice just being together.

3.  The freezer part of our refrigerator sometimes makes a really  funny, loud noise, leading us to believe that we may be needing a new one soon.  My mother-in-law is getting a new one this weekend and asked if we wanted hers.  Just in time!!  And there is nothing wrong with it.  She just wanted a different kind!  What a blessing!

4.  Here's a blessing a lot of us probably take for granted - a nice cold glass of ice water.  It seems like I have been so thirsty lately.  The other day I couldn't wait to get home and have a drink of cold water.  Ymmmm.........does that taste good when you are thirsty.  Nothing quenches my thirst better.

5.  My favourite blessing of the week is....well..... they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll let the picture do the talking..............



                                                                                                                                   


                               
He or she was our visitor yesterday morning.  What a surprise to wake up to!!  She ripped our porch screen and stole a garbage can full of birdseed!!  My husband and I had a lot of fun watching her and taking pictures.  Even got a video of her!  God's creatures are so beautiful!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!                                            

4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

My husband likes to watch old Star Trek episodes on his Kindle Fire with headphones, and I'll either read or watch something on TV or mess around on my phone. It's neat being together even if we're not participating in the same activity.

That's so neat about the new refrigerator!

I don't know if I'd consider a bear visitor fun!!

Skoots1moM said...

your the second person today who i've seen had a bear visitor this week...be safe, they're hungry when they work up the courage to come that close, especially in the daytime.
great pic though ;)

Faith said...

Seeing a bear up front and personally close like that probably wouldn't make my fave list...but..they ARE wonderful creation of the Lord's aren't they?? all of His creation is marvelous. I can't read well if dave is watching a movie so I go to the living room or bed if he's in the family room where the tv is. We are FINALLY back online so i'll have a post up and join back in on the FFF for next week! OH...and YES a nice cold ice water is the BEST way to quench my thirst. I'm thirsty just reading your fave! lol!!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

I love that cozy time, too!

That bear is beautiful. What fun to see one close up.

Have a great week ahead.